I bought my first house when I was 19 and was always interested in the Real Estate process. I was a volunteer firefighter for 7.5 years, started a construction company as that’s what I grew up around – my father and grandfather being in that field. I then became the Asset manager for Newbridge, after that – back to university and became a senior systems engineer for many high tech firms and unfortunately – the tech bubble burst. My next adventure was a senior project specialist and moved up to the Director of Change Management at Export Development Canada where I worked with some amazing people! That point in my life was when I decided to change my career and follow my passion for real estate and helping people.
I completed my real estate course and licensing in March 2008 and found my true passion! This career is challenging to say the least, multifaceted and beyond rewarding. As cliché as it sounds, I am literally in the business of making people happy and It is never boring. I get to meet all types of people from all walks of life with all sorts of wants and needs – together we sit down and weed out the details and create a long term plan and strategy until we get to my client’s desired outcome. More importantly and most important to me is my ability to effect change, help my community, be an active volunteer, sit on boards and support local charities! I love my community of Barrhaven, so much so that for the past 5 years I have volunteered as the Chair of the BBIA (Barrhaven Business Improvement Area). For the past few years, with my team, I have also headed up a large fundraising bowling event to raise money for the Queensway Carleton Hospital – to date, we have raised over 60k!
I am proud and honoured that my team and I have worked so hard over the past 12+ years in real estate and we have been able to achieve and stay at of the very top percent of top realtors in our city. I want to be a role model for my daughters. I love my career – it is not a job, it is my life and as we launch the MacDonald Property Group this year, we are beyond excited for what the future holds and the good we can do for clients and for the community. Who knows who I will meet next and what exciting project I will be involved in with, I can not wait!
Here are some of my accomplishments:
- RE/MAX Top 1% in Canada Diamond Award 2016-Present
- RE/MAX Hall of Fame in 2018
- Top 100 Agents in Canada REP Magazine 2014
- Top 100 Teams in Canada REP Magazine 2018
- Top 1% in Canada for Royal Lepage 2011-2016
- Chair of the Barrhaven Business Improvement Area 2015 to Present
- Nominee for Business Leader of the Year by the West Ottawa Board of Trade
- Awarded the Federal Canada 150th Anniversary Medal for Community service 2018
- Awarded the Ontario-Canada 150 Inspiration Award for community leadership 2017
- Top 10% of national donors to the Women’s and Children’s Shelter of Canada
- Previous Chair of the Economic Development Committee 2013-2016